Ed Krenek for Judge 240th District Court
Ed Krenek is a native Texan and Fort Bend County resident, born and raised in Orchard, Texas. He graduated Summa Cum Laude in 1984 from Texas A&M University with a BBA in Accounting. After becoming a Certified Public Accountant (licensed since 1986) and working as a senior accountant with Ernst & Whinney (now Ernst & Young), he attended the University of Texas School of Law, earning his law degree in 1988.
Ed is the founding member of Krenek Law Offices in Katy, Texas, and is a seasoned litigation specialist who has first-chaired hundreds of cases through trial/disposition and has handled thousands of legal matters in various areas over 33 years of practicing law. He is double board certified by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization in Consumer and Commercial Law (since 1996) and Personal Injury Trial Law (since 1999).
Ed serves as a Commissioner on the Board of the Fort Bend Emergency Services District #4 and enjoys supporting local organizations, including the Fulshear Police Foundation (Director), Fort Bend County Republican Party (Precinct Chair), Fort Bend Rancher’s Ball, Family Hope, and a host of other charitable organizations.
He is a member of the State Bar of Texas, College of the State Bar (an honorary society of lawyers who are among the best-trained attorneys in Texas), Brazos River Rotary Club, Fulshear-Katy Area Chamber of Commerce, and a 33-year Third-Degree member of the Knights of Columbus. Ed is also a professional musician who plays drums for local bands like Al Sulak and the Country Sounds.
Ed is married to Tricia Krenek, and they have a blended family of ten, including their four children, two granddaughters, and the family dog, Bella. The Kreneks are members of St. Faustina Catholic Church and proud to call Fort Bend County home.
- KRENEK LAW OFFICES Katy/Houston, Texas 1997-Present
- BENNETT, KRENEK, & HILDER, LLP Houston, Texas 1995-1997
- GOLDEN & ASSOCIATES, P.C. Houston, Texas 1994-1995
- GLICKMAN & BARNETT, LLP Houston, Texas 1991-1994
- WOOD, LUCKSINGER & EPSTEIN Houston, Texas 1989-1991
- ERNST & WHINNEY Houston, Texas 1984-1986
- American Bar Association
- State Bar of Texas
- Fifth Circuit Bar
- Fort Bend County Bar Association
- NITA National Session in Trial Advocacy
- Fellow—College of the State Bar of Texas
- Board Certified in Consumer & Commercial Law (1996), Texas Board of Legal Specialization Board Certified in Personal Injury Trial Law (1999), Texas Board of Legal Specialization Certified Public Accountant—Texas State Board of Public Accountancy, Licensed since 1986
- Emergency Services District (Fort Bend ESD #4) Board Commissioner
- Fulshear Police Department Foundation Director
- Professional Musician
- Member of Brazos River Rotary Club
- Volunteer with Family Hope and Fulshear Outreach and Development
- Parishioner of St. Faustina Catholic Church
- Third Degree Knights of Columbus (33-year Member)